In this article we are going to discuss How to Treat Hemorrhoids in full detail. Hemorrhoids, also referred to as piles are veins that are structured like a pillow and lie just under the mucous membranes of the rectum and anus. The condition usually occurs when the veins become inflamed.
Hemorrhoids are of two different kinds: internal hemorrhoids and external hemorrhoids. Internal hemorrhoids develop in the lower rectum whereas the external hemorrhoids form under the skin around the anus.
In most cases piles will settle down in a few days even without medication. However, there are several home remedies for hemorrhoids and medication that you can take in order to reduce the pain and the itchiness. The first and the most impotant method that one should consider when looking for ways on how to treat hemorrhoids and how to get rid of hemorrhoids fast is to follow the hemorrhoids diet.
How to Treat Hemorrhoids Suggestion
In order to ease the pain and reduce the inflammation, there are several methods that you can adopt.
Change in Diet:
There are some foods that you should consider adding to your diet that help in treating hemorrhoids.
Get more fibre - eat foods that are rich in fibre or even take fibre supplements to your diet. Fibre helps to decrease hemorrhoidal inflammation, bleeding as well as enlargement. Fibre supplements such as Citrucel, fibre con and Metamucil helps to soften stools and makes is easy for one to defecate. Some of the foods high in fibre include wheat, oat bran, whole-grain, fresh fruit, beans and broccoli. However, taking too much fibre all at once might cause gas or bloating. Instead when looking at how to treat hemorrhoids it is best to gradually increase your fibre to about 25-30 grams.
Juices - the best type of juice that can be used to treat hemorrhoids is dark berry juice which is equally mixed with apple juice. Some of the best dark juices to use are blueberries, cherries and blackberries. Dark juices contain proanthocyanidins which help to reduce swelling by strengthening the veins. It is advisable to drink a glass of the dark juice every day.
Red and black currant berries are rich in vitamin C and minerals. Therefore, they are valuable in hemorrhoidal clearing. They also contain GLA which produce prostaglandin that helps to control pain.
Eating foods that are rich in iron help you build up your blood as well as keep iron in reserve for future use. Some of foods rich in iron include steamed crab, kelp, prunes, chicken liver, baked potatoes, raisins, cooked Swiss chard, cashew, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, dried apricots, tuna, cantaloupe among others. Cantaloupes are a good source of vitamins and contain high levels of beta carotene that have anti clogging properties.
Onions, garlic and ginger help in breaking down fibrin which is a natural substance that helps in repairing broken tissue, arteries and organs.
Always use oils like olive oil or flax seed oil and apple cider vinegar in making salads, soups or even other food dishes. Other than that you can take a spoon of fish oil after every meal.
There are plenty of other types of foods that you can take in order to help you reduce the itchiness and even get rid of hemorrhoids for good. Some of the foods that you should try and avoid include:
- Red Meat like Pork and Beef as it is very hard to digest
- Avoid oily foods
- Do not take too much starch
- Avoid sugar products like cakes, cookies, pies, crackers and pastries
- You should also reduce your dairy products intake
- Processed foods
Piles can be treated even without the use of medication by just a little change in your life style.
- Hemorrhoid Cream – the first thing that you should try to use when looking for information on how to treat hemorrhoids is using creams such as petroleum jelly or even zinc oxide to ensure that the skin does not dry up.
- Exercise – is one of the best ways to treat and prevent piles. Walking for about 20 to 30 minutes or engaging in some aerobics exercises helps to stimulate the bowel movements.
- Sitz bath – by taking sitz bath you help to relieve the pain, itchiness as well as the discomfort. Most experts would recommend taking a sitz bath for twenty minutes after every bowel function when you look into how to treat hemorrhoids. After taking a bath, pat dry the area gentle or even use a blow drier to dry the area.
- When you feel like defecating, it’s best that you go to the bathroom immediately. The more you wait the stool backs up and thus leading to more pressure building up as well as straining. You should also try and establish a regular bowel movement habit when looking at how to treat hemorrhoids.
- Most toilet papers are hard and thus harsh therefore, always use a soft toilet paper and one that doesn’t contain too much chemicals.
- You should also avoid lifting heavy objects as the more you strain the more you add pressure to the veins.
In cases whereby the hemorrhoids are advanced, it might be difficult to manage them with the conservative measures. Fortunately, there a number on invasive treatments that can be used to get rid of hemorrhoids fast. The only downside is – they are more painful and quite expensive too. Such procedures are usually performed in a doctor’s office or as outpatient surgery.
Some of the Medical Procedures include:
- Banding – it is the most common procedure that most people prefer when looking into ways on how to treat hemorrhoids. It is rubber band litigation where a small elastic band is placed in the region of the piles. The band usually causes the hemorrhoids to shrink while the surrounding scars heal. The procedure is done two to four times and it is done six to eight week apart in order for piles to completely disappear. Some of the complications that might occur include mild tightness or mild pain, bleeding and infection which can be relieved by taking a sitz bath.
- Staple – is another alternative that can be used when looking at how to treat hemorrhoids. In this procedure the surgery uses a stapling object to anchor the hemorrhoid back to their normal position. Just like any other type of surgery it is performed under anaesthesia however, it is less painful. The best thing about this type of surgery is that the healing time is usually quicker and the side effects are minor.
- Other procedures include laser or the infrared coagulation, cryosurgery and sclerotherapy. They all work just like the band litigation. However, they are not effective in prevention of reoccurrence.
- Hemorrhoidectomy – is also a surgical procedure that is performed in case the hemorrhoids are protruding. However, this surgical hemorrhoid treatment is associated with complications such as bleeding, infections, urinary retention and anal strictures among others. After the surgical treatment, it usually takes about two to four hours to recovery. Despite the complications and long recovery time, surgical treatment is one of the most effective treatments of piles. The surgical method should only be considered as a last resort due to the high complications associated with it.
How to Treat Hemorrhoids – Other Comfort Measures:
Some of the comfort measures that one can consider in order to ease the pain and discomfort include taking bed rest so as to take the pressure off the inflamed veins. One is advised to sleep facing down with a pillow placed under the hips but not pregnant women. In order to prevent moisture from building in, wear cotton underwear. The moisture irritates the hemorrhoids so try to keep your body cool. However, pregnant women are advised to refrain from taking any active treatment until after the delivery mainly because hemorrhoid symptoms do subside after delivery.
There are many different ways on how to treat hemorrhoids but it is always advisable that one tries home remedial measures before resulting to medicinal treatment as it does have some side effects.
Conclusion on How to Treat Hemorrhoids
It is advisable that one consults a doctor before deciding on what type of medication or treatment to adopt. The doctor will be in the best position to determine the best hemorrhoid treatment method for you depending on the type of hemorrhoids as well as the level of the severity.
It is also advisable that you seek medical attention as soon as you start noticing any hemorrhoids symptoms. Ignoring the symptoms will only make the condition worse. Therefore, the sooner you visit the doctor the better as she/he will be in a position to know exactly what type of treatment to give you after performing the tests.
In a meantime if you are searching on how to treat hemorrhoids and you want to have 100% natural and FDA approved hemorrhoid treatment formula we think you should try Zenmed Treatment! Click here to visit official site for more information and get rid of piles for good! Please watch this video for more informationon on how to treat hemorrhoids: